Bing Crosby Theater
The Clemmer Theatre, as the Bing Theater was originally called, opened in 1915. That is also the year many film historians consider the beginning of the modern era of the motion picture. Reviewing the theater at its opening, the Spokesman-Review commented 'an atmosphere of richness is over everything.' In 2004, the theater was purchased by Spokane businessman Mitch Silver and continued its roll as a venue for touring shows and for local organizations that use it as their home stage. In 2006, a citizens group received Silver's permission to rename the theater and raised money to build a new marquee. It has been The Bing Crosby Theater ever since.